At this time, travel awards for the 2017-18 academic year have not been funded.  Please check back here periodically to confirm the current status.  Please check Office of Graduation and Professional Studies for information pertaining to graduate student travel awards. 

In conjunction with The Association of Former Students, the School of Public Health provides limited travel funds to students to support travel associated with professional development.  The SPH Travel Information & Award Form ensures that the school has the appropriate emergency contact information for all students who travel based on with University Rule 13.04.99.M1: Student Travel.  This application includes the student’s travel information, and if applying for funding, the application must be accompanied by estimates or receipts for travel expenses and a written justification to receive the award.


  • Good academic standing
  • Full time status at the time of application and reimbursement, however if the student is in their last semester and have approval for a reduced course load
  • No admissions holds in Howdy


Student must submit the following for a complete travel assistance request:

  1. Complete SPH Student Travel Information and Assistance Form, includes a justification for the travel.
  2. Submit receipts if available at the time of application to the Office of Student Affairs (SPH Administration Building, Room 160). 
  3. If the student hasn’t traveled yet, they may attach quotes when seeking funds. However, the student will not be reimbursed until a new coversheet with the updated amount totals and all receipts is submitted.
  4. Receipts must be taped to a blank sheet of paper, with name, dates of travel and location.

Deadline- Forms and receipts must be submitted within 30 days of travel