SPH Practicum Experience Documents
All MPH and MHA students with the School of Public Health are required to complete a practicum experience as part of their curriculum. The purpose of the School of Public Health practicum experience is to provide students with an opportunity to apply the concepts, strategies and tools acquired throughout the course of their classroom studies. Below is a list of necessary documents to complete your practicum experience.
Department Practicum Coordinators
Students should consult with their department practicum coordinator on all matters related to their practicum experience.
Environmental and Occupational Health
Adam Pickens, PhD, MPH (MPH and DrPH)
Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Jennifer Horney, PhD (MPH and DrPH)
Practicum Experience Management System (PEMS)
Access to PEMS is granted by Office of Public Health Practice once required trainings are completed.
- Access PEMS - Must use either Firefox or Chome to access.
Practicum Experience Manual
Practicum Experience Forms
- Practicum Experience Work Plan Development Form
- Writing Work Plan Objectives
- International Practicum Documents (PDF)
- In order to type on the forms click download first. Any handwritten forms, with the exception of signatures, will be rejected.
CPT Forms for Students on F1-Visas
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is work authorization for F-1 international students to receive further training that is designed to achieve an established academic objective directly related to degree level and major. CPT includes practicums and internships.
SPH student on F1 visas must:
- Complete the student form
- Have the department form completed by their academic department
- Have their practicum preceptor complete the employer form
Completed forms must be submitted to International Student Services and a copy of all completed forms must be provided to your department practicum coordinator.
For more information or questions related to CPT please visit the International Student Services website.
For any additional questions regarding the practicum experience or completion of any of these forms, contact your department practicum coordinator.