Education and Training
B.A., University of Texas at Austin- 1963
Doctor of Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston- 1966.
Pediatric Residency, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Postgraduate Fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Tulane University School of Medicine.
Master in Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University School of Public Health
- Ashbel Smith Distinguished Alumni Award- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- Distinguished Fellow of the Public Health Advisory Board- Washington, DC
- Juan Carlos Finlay Award- U.S. Public Health Service
- Selection to the Board of Trustees of Ascension Health
- Board Chairman- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Member of Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention