Charles D. Phillips, PhD
212 Adriance Lab Rd.
College Station, TX 77843
- Development of MDS-Compatible Assessment Instruments for other Health Care Settings Providing Care to the Elderly
- Techniques Used in the Development of Resident Classification Systems for Acuity-Based Reimbursement in Long-Term Care
- Clinical Practices in Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home Culture Change
- Nursing Home Performance Measurement
- Elder Abuse
- Service Provision to Disabled Youth
- Measuring and Evaluating Quality of Care and Quality of Life in Care Settings Providing Long-Term Care to the Frail, Elderly, and Disabled
Education and Training
MPH Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina School of Public Health- 1987.
PhD Government, University of Texas at Austin- 1979.
MA Government, University of Texas at Austin- 1973.
BA Government and History, Tarleton State University- 1971
Dr. Phillips was named the 2001 Joseph C. Valley Gerontologist of the Year and in 2005 was presented with the Public Service Award by the National Citizen’s Coalition for Nursing Home Reform. He is a Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America and a member of Delta Omega, the national public health honorary society.