Education and Training
PhD, Political Science, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities - 2016
MA, Political Science, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities - 2014
BS, Biological Sciences, University of Connecticut - 2011
BA, Political Science, University of Connecticut - 2011
- Health Politics
- Rural Health Policy
- Insurance Coverage and Expansion
- Public Health Policy Attitudes
- Disability Policy
- Survey Design
- State Politics and Policy
- Callaghan, Timothy, Matthew Motta, Steven Sylvester, Kristin Lunz-Trujillo, and Christine Blackburn. Forthcoming (Available Online). “Parent Psychology and the Decision to Delay Childhood Vaccination.” Social Science and Medicine.
Callaghan, Timothy and Steven Sylvester. Forthcoming (Available Online). “Private Citizens as Policy Entrepreneurs: Evidence from Autism Mandates and Parental Political Mobilization.” Policy Studies Journal.
- Callaghan, Timothy, Alva Ferdinand, Marvellous Akinlotan, Samuel Towne, and Jane Bolin. Forthcoming (Available Online). “The Changing Landscape of Diabetes Mortality in the United States across Region and Rurality, 1999-2016.” The Journal of Rural Health.
Callaghan, Timothy, David Washburn, Katharine Nimmons, Delia Duchicela, Anoop Gurram, and James Burdine. 2019. “Immigrant Health Access in Texas: Policy, Rhetoric, and Fear in the Trump Era.” BMC Health Services Research. 19 (1): 342.
- Callaghan, Timothy and Steven Sylvester. 2019. “Autism Spectrum Disorder, Politics, and the Generosity of Insurance Mandates in the United States.” PLOS ONE. 14(5): e0217064.
- Ferdinand, Alva, Marvellous Akinlotan, Timothy Callaghan, Samuel Towne, and Jane Bolin. 2019. “Diabetes-Related Hospital Mortality in the U.S.: A Pooled Cross-Sectional Study of the National Inpatient Sample.” Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications. 33 (5): 350-355.
- Motta, Matthew, Timothy Callaghan, and Steven Sylvester. 2018. “Knowing Less but Presuming More: Dunning-Kruger Effects and the Endorsement of Anti-Vaccine Policy Attitudes.” Social Science and Medicine. 211, 274-281.