Health Policy and Management »
HPM Faculty »
John J. Buckley
John J. Buckley, Jr., M.B.A.,FACHE
MBA, FACHE, Executive-in-Residence
Health Policy & Management
212 Adriance Lab Rd.
- Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio
- 1980- Alumni Association Award
- 1986- Gregg Cup Award
- 2004- Distinguished Service Award
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- 1998- Alumni Service Award
- 2000- The Frederick H. Gibbs Award for Excellence in Graduate Education
- Carbondale Chamber of Commerce
- 2000- Business Leader of the Year
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- 2003- Regent's Award for Southern Illinois
- 2012- Regent's Award-Senior Healthcare leadership-Southeast Texas
- Catholic Church
- 1988- Diocese of Phoenix: Bishop's Award for work on behalf of the Diocese of Phoenix
- 2000- Diocese of Belleville: The Pro Ecclesia, et Pontifice Award for work on behalf of the Diocese of Belleville
- 2012- Diocese of Austin: Lumen Gentium Award for work with St. Mary’s Catholic center
Education and Training
- M.B.A. Healthcare Administration, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.- 1969
- B.A. Biology, Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio- 1966
- "Health Care in the Urban Setting - An Additional Element"; Presented to the Association of Western Hospitals' Annual Convention, Anaheim, California on April 28, 1969, in competition for the "W. Glenn Ebersole Merit" of the Administrative Interns, Resident, and Students Section of the Association.
- American College of Healthcare Executives: Management Information Session, March 1988.
- Western Conference of the American College of Healthcare Executives: "The Hollow Hospital," with Eugene Schneller, Ph.D. and Earl Motzer, Ph.D., FACHE, November 1987.
- Congress on Administration of the American College of Healthcare Executives: Evaluating HMO/PP0 Contracts: A Road out of the Tar Pits" with William T. Phillips, February 1987.
- Health Forum and the American Hospital Association, 15th Annual Rural Health Care Leadership Conference: "Measuring Rural Health Systems Performance - Are We Gaining or Losing?" with Howard J. Gershon, January 2002.
- 2011 Economic Outlook Conference for the Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce," The Expanding Healthcare/Bio-corridor Sector," January 25, 2011, College Station, TX
- 2012 AUPHA Annual Meeting Poster Session Abstract: The Executive in Residence: Bridge to Know Where. Reed Morton, PhD, FACHE, CJSS, Senior Consultant, ACHE,; Leonard Friedman, PhD, FACHE, Professor and Director, MHSA Program, The George Washington University; and John J. Buckley, Jr, FACHE, Executive-in-Residence, Texas A&M Health Science Center.
- Meadows, Kaley L., and Buckley, Jr., John, You Inc., Journal of Healthcare Management, Vol 59, Number 3 (May/June 2014).
- Buckley, Jr., John J., The Power of Molding Our Students, Chief Executive Officer, Summer, 2015, The American College of Healthcare Executives CEO Circle.
Last edited by: richey