James L. Alexander, PhD
Associate Professor/Coordinator of MHA Practicum Services
212 Adriance Lab Rd
College Station, TX 77843-1266
Education and Training
- Bachelors in Business Administration, University of Texas
- PhD, University of Houston
- Dr. Alexander was Principle Investigator in a national research project on The State of Rural Health Provider Organizations and Health Professional Shortages.
- He is on the Board of Directors for the Brazos Valley Area Health Education Center, Brazos Valley Council on Alcohol and Substance Abuse, and also for Burleson County Hospital District.
- He is also a former CEO of several small rural hospitals in Texas and a founder of the Texas Organization of Rural and Community Hospitals (TORCH).
- Health Policy and Management
- Capstone Leadership Course
- Rural Health and Economic Issues including water and wind farms and genetically modified crops
5 Papers in refereed Journals; 6 Chapters in Books; 8 Articles in other publications; 6 Abstracts; 8 Technical Reports; 3 Scientific Exhibits; 17 Presentations; 4 Workshops Conducted (2001 – 2006); Chapter in Rural Healthy People 2010; HRSA Project: The State of Rural Hospital Nursing & Allied Health Professional Shortages; 2 Rural Community Needs Assessments; 3 Presentations; 3 Abstracts; 3 Contract Reports
(2014) J.L. Alexander, et.al. First in East Texas: The history and legacy of the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System.
(2015) J.L. Alexander, et.al. The Founding of TORCH: A Brief History of the Spark That Ignited a Great Organization.