Education and Training
- Texas A&M School of Public Health
DrPH, Health Promotion & Community Health Sciences, 2018
- University of Miami
MPH, Public Health Studies, 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles
BA, Sociology & BA, Asian American Studies, 2012
- Access to and physical activity promotion within underserved communities and communities of color, through community based research, asset mapping, and GIS analysis.
- Research regarding physician-based physical activity counseling, prescription and referral, and youth engagement and empowerment to combat disparities in physical activity and health.
- Linkages between community, clinic, and church, and the role public health practitioners play to leverage resources between them all
Selina M Stasi, DrPH is an instructional assistant professor in the Department of Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences. In this role, she is responsible for teaching courses to undergraduate students offered through Public Health Studies. She has over 8 years of experience advocating for or with community-based organizations within Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Honolulu, HI, Pasadena, TX, and currently the Bryan/College Station area, TX. In addition to her work within academia and community outreach, she is a personal trainer, health, fitness, and CrossFit coach.