Education and Training
- BA in English, Xiamen University, China
- MAA in Medical Anthropology, University of Maryland, College Park
- PhD in Health Behavior and Society, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
- HPCH 642: mHealth: mobile technologies for public health (offered every fall)
- HPCH 611: Public Health intervention (offered every spring)
- HPCH 636/PHLT470: Study abroad in China (offered every other summer)
- HPCH 639: HIV/AIDS: A public health issue
- Directed research credit courses available upon request.
A. mHealth/eHealth behavior and policy:
- Application and scale-up of low-cost mHealth tools in behavioral intervention
- Relationship of digital divide and health disparities, “meaningful use” of HealthIT
- Health communication in the era of mobile technology and new social media
B. Behavioral intervention of HIV/STI, gender-based violence, medication adherence.
C. Culturally appropriate measurement of psychosocial and health outcomes.
Positions available: motivated students with interest in mobile health intervention, behaviors, and policies are welcome to apply for Graduate Research Assistant positions or Student Worker positions.
Dr. Hong has published more than 80 peer-reviewed journal articles, a complete list of her publications can be found: