Education and Training
- B.S. in Health Sciences, San Fernando Valley State College
- M.P.H. in Community Health Education, California State University, Northridge
- Dr.P.H. in Health Behavior/Health Education, University of North Carolina School at Chapel Hill
- Measurement of factors influencing community capacity for health improvement.
- Community health development strategies.
- Methods and strategies of population-based community health status assessment.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Burdine has co-authored more than 250 scholarly papers and presentations along with being awarded more than $27 million in grants and contracts for community health improvement related research, demonstration, and evaluation projects. Dr. Burdine also services as a member of the editorial board and reviewer for several major public health publications.