Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences »
SangNam Ahn, PhD, MPSA
SangNam Ahn, PhD, MPSA
School of Public Health
212 Adriance Lab Rd.
- Obesity and lifestyle risk factors
- Aging and long-term care policy
- Community gardening
- Health promotion
- Chronic disease self-management
- Healthcare savings through evidence-based programs
- Doctor-patient interactions
- Food insecurity
- Global Health
Education and Training
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Program on Healthy Aging, Texas A &M School of Public Health
- PhD, Health Services Research, Texas A&M School of Public Health
- MPSA, Public Service and Administration, Texas A&M University Bush School of Government and Public Service
- BA, English, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
- Ahn, S., Basu, R., Smith, M.L., Jiang, J., Lorig, K., Whitelaw, N., & Ory, M. G. (2013). The Impact of Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs: Healthcare Savings through a Community-based Intervention. BMC Public Health. (in-press).
- Ahn, S., Smith, M. L., Cho, J., Bailey, J., & Ory, M. G. (2013). Hypertension Awareness and Associated Factors among Older Chinese Adults. Frontiers in Public Health Education and Promotion. (in-press).
- Ory, M. G., Ahn, S., Jiang L., Smith, M. L., Ritter, P., Whitelaw, N., & Lorig, K. (2013). Successes of a National Study of the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program: Meeting the Triple Aim of Health Care Reform. Medical Care, 51(11), 992-998.
- Ahn, S., Zhao, H., Tai-Seale, M., Huber, C., Smith, M. L., Ory, M. G., & Phillips C. D. (2012). The Longitudinal Effects of Health, Behavioral, Demographic, and Social Factors on Body Mass Index among Older Chinese Adults. International Journal of Public Health, 57: 269-277.
- Ahn, S., Hochhalter, A., Moudouni, D., Smith, M. L., & Ory, M. G. (2012). Self-reported physical and mental health of older adults: the roles of caregiving and resources. Maturitas, 71, 62-69.
- Ahn, S. & Ashida, S. (2012). Music Therapy for Dementia. Maturitas, 71, 6-7.
- Ahn S., Smith M. L., Dickerson J. B., Ory M. G. (2012). Health and Healthcare Utilization Correlates among Middle-Aged Baby Boomers and Older Adults: Factors Associated with Obesity and Diabetes. American Journal of Health Promotion, 27(2), 123-132.
- Ahn, S., Smith, M. L., & Ory, M. G. (2012). Physicians' Discussions about Body Weight, Healthy Diet, and Physical Activity with Overweight or Obese Older Patients. Journal of Aging & Health, 24(7), 1179-1202.
- Ahn, S., Sharkey, J. R., Smith, M. L., Ory, M. G., & Phillips, C. D. (2011). Variations in Body Mass Index among Older Americans: The Roles of Social and Lifestyle Factors. Journal of Aging & Health, 23(2), 347-366.
- Ahn, S., Zhao, H., Smith, M. L., Ory, M. G., & Phillips, C. D. (2011). BMI and Lifestyle Changes as Correlates to Changes in Self-Reported Diagnosis of Hypertension among Older Chinese Adults. Journal of the American Society of Hypertension, 5(1), 21-30.
- Ahn, S., Burdine, J. N., Smith, L. M., Ory, M. G., & Phillips, C. D. (2011).Residential Rurality and Oral Health Disparities: Influences of Contextual and Individual Factors. Journal of Primary Prevention, 32(1), 29-41.
- Ahn, S., Phillips, K., Smith, M. L., & Ory, M. G. (2011). Correlates of volunteering among aging Texans: The roles of health indicators, spirituality, and social engagement. Maturitas, 69, 257-262.
- Ahn, S., M. Tai-Seale, C. Huber, Smith, M. L., & Ory, M. G. (2011). Psychotropic Medication Discussions in Older Adults' Primary Care Office Visits: So Much To Do, So Little Time. Aging & Mental Health, 15(5), 618-629.
- Ahn, S., Huber Jr., C., Smith, M. L., Ory, M. G., & Phillips, C. D. (2011). Predictors of Body Mass Index among Low-Income Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 22, 1190-1204.
- Smith, M. L., Ory, M. G., Ahn, S., Bazzarre, T. L., & Resnick, B. (2011). Older Adults’ Participation in a Community-Based Falls Prevention Exercise Program: Relationships Between the EASY Tool, Program Attendance, and Health Outcomes. The Gerontologist, 51(6), 809-821.
Last edited by: schnettler