Epidemiology and Biostatistics
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor of Biostatistics. This positions are both full time, 9-month appointment, with a preferable start date of September 1, 2019.
About the Department
Exciting opportunities exist to collaborate with colleagues in the SPH, College of Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and many other departments in the Texas A&M University and Health Science Center. Texas A&M University ranks among the National Science Foundation's "Top 20 Academic Research Performers in the United States," and is the fourth largest university by overall student enrollment in the United States
This position requires a PhD or other doctoral degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a closely related field by the start of employment.
As appropriate for rank, preferred qualifications include:
- Experience and expertise in interdisciplinary research
- Strong record of securing extramural research/grant funding
- Expertise in statistical methods and concentration areas that will contribute to the enhancement of the curriculum
- Evidence of active involvement in service-related activities. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an independent research program
- Teaching up to four courses per academic year, conducting externally funded research
- Participating in service to the Department, School, University, and the profession
- Assist with programmatic growth (e.g., new courses), assessment, and strategic development
How to Apply
Applications must be made through the Texas A&M Workday website with reference number R-014097 or R-014103.
External Applicants: If you currently are NOT a Texas A&M System employee, please click below to go to our external career site to view our jobs. Go to External Career Site - https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External
Internal Applicants: If you currently ARE a Texas A&M System employee: Go to Internal Career Site - https://jobs.tamu.edu/internal-applicants
In addition, send a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and the names of three references in a single PDF document to:
c/o Samantha Payton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-1266
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. SPH is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas A&M.
By applying to this position, you authorize the Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) and/or its agent, at any time during the application process and/or employment, to conduct an investigative consumer report that may include, but is not limited to, a criminal record check, employment and education verifications, verifications of personal references and reputation and driving record.