Education and Training
Ph.D. Civil Engineering (Environmental)— Texas A&M University
M.S. Civil Engineering (Water Resources)—Texas A&M UniversityB.S. Civil Engineering —Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico
- Mathematical and experimental models for assessing transport, transformation and persistence of contaminants in the environment.
- Organics trapped and sorbed in soils as a source zone of groundwater contamination.
- Physical and biological factors that control bioremediation of contaminated plumes in groundwater.
- Water balance modeling to quantify ground water - surface water interactions.
- Emerging contaminants, specifically evaluating the persistence of heavy-metals in mining environments and predicting antibiotics transport in soils.