- Physical and cognitive workload evaluation in complex work systems
- Operator stress and fatigue
- Obesity and aging
- Brain behavior assessments
- HF/E tools/methods development
- Human factors
- Human Systems Interaction
Education and Training
PhD, MS, Industrial & Systems Engineering (Human Factors)
SUNY at Buffalo
MEng, Industrial Engineering (Engineering Management)
University of Mumbai, India
BEng, Production Engineering
- Osofundiya, O., Brenden, M., Dowdy, D., & Mehta, RK. (Accepted). Obesity-specifc neural cost of maintaining gait performance under complex conditions in community-dwelling older adults. Clinical Biomechanics.
- Mehta, RK., Shortz, AE., Brenden, ME. (2016). Standing Up for Learning: A Pilot Investigation on the Neurocognitive Benefits of Stand-Biased School Desks. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 13, no. 1: 59.
- Shortz, AE., Pickens, A., Zheng, Q., & Mehta, RK. (2015). The effect of cognitive fatigue on prefrontal cortex correlates of neuromuscular fatigue in older women. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. DOI: 10.1186/s12984-015-0108-3
- Mehta, RK. (2016). Stunted PFC activity during neuromuscular control under stress with obesity. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 116(2), 319-326.
- Mehta, RK. (2015). Impacts of obesity and stress on neuromuscular fatigue development and associated heart rate variability. International Journal of Obesity, 39(2), 208-213.
- Mehta, RK. & Parasuraman, R. (2014). Effects of mental fatigue on the development of physical fatigue: A neuroergonomics approach. Human Factors. 56(4), 645-656.
- Mehta, RK. & Parasuraman, R. (2013). Neuroergonomics: A review of applications to physical and cognitive work. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 7:889. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2013.00889
- Mehta, RK. & Agnew, MJ. (2012). Influence of mental workload on muscle capacity during intermittent static work. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 112(8), 2891-2902.