Degree Seeking Programs - Ph.D. in Health Services Research
Applicants for the Ph.D. program must submit all of the following documents by the posted deadline (March 1st) in order to be reviewed for admission:
1. Complete SOPHAS Application and Application Fee.
a. Visit the SOPHAS FAQs for information about the application and for helpful tips.
2. All of the following documents are submitted to SOPHAS directly by the appropriate deadline:
a. Three Letters of Recommendation.
- SPH prefers at least one (1) academic reference from a higher education institution and (1) professional reference. The remaining letter may be either professional or academic. SPH cannot accept hard copies letters for the SOPHAS application.
b. Statement of Purpose.
- In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration and the Texas A&M School of Public Health, SOPHAS recommends addressing the following topics:
- Plans you have to use your education and training.
- The needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study.
- Any personal qualities, characteristics, and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in your chosen field of study.
c. A Current Curriculum Vita or Resume
d. Official Transcripts
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. SPH cannot accept official transcripts for the SOPHAS application.
e. Official test scores
- Test Scores for the GRE are accepted for this degree program (only valid if taken within the last 5 years. [5 years prior to application deadline.] No test score waivers are permitted for the Ph.D. program.
- Per SOPHAS instructions, request ETS to send your GRE scores directly to SOPHAS, no department code is required (GRE – School Code 7841, “Texas A&M HSC Public Health”).