For all degree seeking programs, applicants must submit all of the required documents by the posted deadline to be reviewed for admission. International applicants should visit the SPH International Applicant website for more information.
SOPHAS Application and Application Fee
- Visit the SOPHAS FAQs for instructions and for helpful tips.
Three Letters of Recommendation
- SPH prefers at least: one academic reference from a higher education institution and one professional reference. The remaining letter may be either academic or professional.
NOTE: The School of Public Health cannot accept hard-copy letters for the SOPHAS application.
Statement of Purpose
- Review the instructions section in your SOPHAS application for more details. In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration with the School of Public Health, SOPHAS recommends the following topics:
- Reasons for interest in public health
- Reasons for interest in academic department or concentration.
- Reasons for interest in the school or program.
- Career goals.
- Your proposed research topics.
A current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official transcripts from each U.S. and English-speaking Canadian college-level institution attended must be sent to SOPHAS. The School of Public Health cannot accept official transcripts on behalf of SOPHAS.
- Applicants should send a World Education Services (WES) ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation of academic records from institutions outside the U.S. and English-speaking Canada (if applicable) to SOPHAS. For more information view the international applicant information webpage.
Official Test Scores
- GRE scores are required by the degree program (only valid if taken within the last five years). No test score waivers are permitted for the PhD program.
- Per SOPHAS instructions, request to have ETS send your GRE scores directly to SOPHAS, no department code is required. Use school code 7841, “Texas A&M HSC Public Health.”