An applicant must submit all of the following documents by the posted deadline to be reviewed for admission:
1. SOPHAS Application and Application Fee
- Visit the SOPHAS FAQs for information about the application and for helpful tips.
2. Three Letters of Recommendation
- SPH prefers at least: (1) one academic reference from a higher education institution and (1) one professional reference. The remaining letter may be either professional or academic.
(SPH cannot accept hard copies letters for the SOPHAS application.)
3. Statement of Purpose
- Review the Instructions section in your SOPHAS application for more details. In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration and the Texas A&M School of Public Health, SOPHAS recommends addressing the following topics:
- Reasons for interest in public health
- Reasons for interest in academic department or concentration
- Reasons for interest in the school or program
- Career goals
4. A Current Curriculum Vita or Resume
5. Official Transcripts
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended must be sent to SOPHAS. SPH cannot accept official transcripts on behalf of SOPHAS.
- Applicants who attended institutions outside of the United States should not send transcripts or mark sheets to SOPHAS. (View the international applicant information web page.)
6. Official Test Scores
- Test scores are required by the degree program (only valid if taken within the last 5 years). [5 years prior to application deadline.]
Per SOPHAS instructions, request the testing agencies below to send scores to SOPHAS as noted below, no department code is required:
- GRE – Institution Code 7841, “Texas A&M HSC Pub Hth SOPHAS”. Note: applicants for spring entry, if you complete the GRE after July 15 send official scores to school code 6003.
- MCAT – Code "SOPHAS" (Schools of Public Health Application Service)
For the the following scores, request for scores to be sent directly to the SPH:
- GMAT – Select “Texas A & M University – School of Public Health – College Station - Masters Programs”. Note: applicants for spring entry, if you complete the GMAT after July 15, send official scores to school code 6003.
- DAT – Submit individual school address.
- LSAT – Submit copy of official score report sent to student.
- PCAT - Submit official score report to school address.
The following will waive the test score requirement for MPH applicants:
- Hold a ECFMG Certificate (copy of official verification required by applicant from ECFMG).
- Current US licensed medical physician (copy of license required).
- Previously earned masters or doctoral degree from a United States accredited institution.
- Note: If you are requesting a waiver of the GRE you must email a copy of any and all relevant waiver documentation to SPH-OSA@tamhsc.edu as soon as possible to facilitate the application process.
- In addition to the requirements listed above, an applicant may be requested to participate in a personal interview.
- Additional requirements for international applicants can be found at the international applicant information web page .