DrPH applicants must submit all of the required documents by the posted deadline to be reviewed for admission. International applicants should review the SPH International Applicant Information page for additional information.
SOPHAS Application and Application Fee
- Visit the SOPHAS FAQs for instructions and for helpful tips.
Three Letters of Recommendation
- The School of Public Health prefers at least: one academic reference from a higher education institution and one professional reference. The remaining letter may be either academic or professional.
NOTE: The School of Public Health cannot accept hard-copy letters for the SOPHAS application.
Statement of Purpose
- Review the instructions section in your SOPHAS application for more details. In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration with the School of Public Health, SOPHAS recommends the following topics:
- Plans you have to use your education and training
- The needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study.
- Any personal qualities, characteristics, and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in your chosen field of study.
A current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official transcripts from each U.S. and English-speaking Canadian college-level institution attended must be sent directly to SOPHAS. The School of Public Health cannot accept official transcripts for the SOPHAS application.
Official Test Scores
- GRE test scores are required by the degree program (only valid if taken within the last five years).
- Per SOPHAS instructions, request scores be sent to institution code 7841, "Texas A&M HSC Pub Hlth SOPHAS."
In addition to the requirements listed above the applicant may be asked to participate in an interview.