DrPH applicants must submit all of the required documents by the posted deadline to be reviewed for admission:
1. SOPHAS Application and Application Fee
- Visit the SOPHAS FAQ's for information about the application and for helpful tips
2. Three Letters of Recommendation
- SPH prefers at least: (1) academic reference from a higher education institution and (2) one professional reference. The remaining letter may be either academic or professional.
(NOTE: SPH cannot accept hard-copy letters for the SOPHAS application.)
3. Statement of Purpose
- Review the instructions section in your SOPHAS application for more details. In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration with the School of Public Health SOPHAS recommends the following topics:
a. Plans you have to use your education and training
b. The needs and/or challenges you perceive as important in your field of study.
c. Any personal qualities, characteristics, and skills you believe will enable you to be successful in your chosen field of study.
4. A current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
5. Official Transcripts
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. SPH cannot accept official transcripts for the SOPHAS application, they must be sent to SOPHAS.
6. Official Test Scores
- Test scores are required by the degree program (only valid if taken within the last 5 years).
- GRE test scores are required for these degree programs. Per SOPHAS instructions request scores be sent to institution code 7841, "Texas A&M HSC Pub Hlth SOPHAS". Note: applicants for spring entry, if you complete the GRE after July 15, send official scores to school code 6003.
- SPH posts no minimum scores but a "300" is considered competitive generally.
In addition to the requirements listed above the applicant may be asked to participate in an interview.