Prospective and current students are encouraged to explore certificate programs at the School of Public Health and among other colleges at Texas A&M University.
Transcripted graduate certificate programs offered by SPH include the Health Systems Management and Public Health certificates. Additional certificates offered by Texas A&M can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
The graduate certificate programs at SPH offer the following features:
- Eligible applicants either have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or are currently enrolled in a graduate program (i.e., Master’s or Doctoral).
- All courses taken for a letter grade and are at the 600-level (i.e., graduate level).
- The certificate is awarded upon achieving a "C" or better in all required courses.
- Certificate students wishing to pursue a graduate degree at the School of Public Health must formally apply for admission to the graduate degree program. Students may use either the SOPHAS or HAMPCAS application portal.
- Certificate coursework may count towards a graduate degree in the School of Public Health pending approval of application to the graduate degree program.
- The certificate programs are not included in the Gainful Employment Federal Financial Aid Program.
Health Systems Management Certificate
The Department of Heath Policy and Management offers the Health Systems Management Certificate. This certificate consists of five courses and is intended primarily for those who would like to learn more about health systems delivery and to augment their current field of study. For coursework required please see more at the Health Systems Management Certificate requirements.
Public Health Certificate
This certificate program is specifically for professionals currently working in the health industry. The Public Health Certificate Program is designed to provide a general overview of the core functions and disciplines of public health and provide the tools that are fundamental in serving Texas communities.
Students complete the following courses to earn the Public Health Certificate:
- PHEB 600 – Introduction to Epidemiology
- PHEB 602 – Biostatistics I
- PHEO 600 – Principles of Environmental and Occupational Health
- HPCH 603 – Social and Behavioral Health Determinants of Health
- PHPM 605 – Introduction to Health Policy and Management
First Class Day
June 1, 2017
August 21, 2017
August 28, 2017
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or for current graduate students, hold a 3.0 cumulative GPA in their graduate program.
- Applicant must reside in the State of Texas to participate in either certificate program
- International applicants must contact the Office of Student Affairs regarding eligibility requirements, including English Language Proficiency.
Certificate Programs Application and Requirements
A complete application must include:
- Completed Certificate Program Application
- Application Fee ($25)
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Individuals interested in applying to the certificate program should contact the Office of Student Affairs at SPH-OSA@tamhsc.edu or 979-436-9356 for access to the electronic application portal and forms.
Non-transcripted Certificate Programs
We are happy to announce we now offer a new Health Coaching certificate for graduate students! No application is necessary. For more information, contact Mary Pipkin at email@example.com or 979-436-9366.