Prospective and current students are encouraged to explore certificate programs at the School of Public Health and among other colleges at Texas A&M University. All undergraduate and graduate-level certificates offered by Texas A&M can be found on the Registrar's website.
The graduate certificate programs at the School of Public Health offer the following features:
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade and are at the 600 (graduate) level.
- Certificate students wishing to pursue a graduate degree at the School of Public Health must formally apply for admission to the graduate degree program through either the SOPHAS or HAMPCAS application portals.
- The certificate program is not included in the Gainful Employment Federal Financial Aid Program.
Global Health Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Global Health Program is an interdisciplinary certification that is available to all graduate students at Texas A&M University. Its purpose is to teach public health professionals about global perspectives on public health, encourage students to consider careers in a variety of settings around the world, and to promote research and innovation in addressing the myriad public health problems seen around the world. With a cross-disciplinary perspective, students are assured of receiving a broad understanding of global health challenges and opportunities.
Completed coursework may be applied to degree-seeking pathways depending on grade received. This certificate is only available to students enrolled at the Texas A&M College Station Campus.
For further questions, contact Dr. Brian Colwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Coaching Certificate
Health Coaches are a new and vital part of our evolving health care system. They work independently or with primary care providers and employers to help clients, patients and employees achieve health care goals. Becoming a health coach can give you an advantage in the public health field.
For more information, including the list of required courses, visit our Health Coaching Certificate website. Students will need to complete all courses with a grade of B or higher. This program can be completed online or at our College Station campus. NOTE: this program has a limited number of seats available. Submitting an application is not a guarantee that you will be selected.
For further questions, contact Mary Pipkin at email@example.com or 979-436-9366.
- All applicants must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher in their current graduate program.
- Global Health Certificate Program- Applicants must be a graduate student in a degree seeking program at Texas A&M University.
- Health Coaching-Applicants must be enrolled in the MPH-Health Promotion program at Texas A&M University.
Application and Requirements
Applications are submitted online using Qualtrics.