Prospective and current students are encouraged to explore certificate programs at the School of Public Health and among other colleges at Texas A&M University. Additional certificates offered by Texas A&M can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
The graduate certificate programs at the School of Public Health offer the following features:
- All courses taken for a letter grade and are at the 600 (graduate) level.
- Certificate students wishing to pursue a graduate degree at the School of Public Health must formally apply for admission to the graduate degree program. Students may use either the SOPHAS or HAMPCAS application portal.
- The certificate programs are not included in the Gainful Employment Federal Financial Aid Program.
Health Coaching Certificate
Health Coaches are a new and vital part of our evolving health care system. They work independently or with primary care providers and employers to help clients, patients and employees achieve health care goals. Becoming a health coach can give you an advantage in the public health field.
Students will need to complete all courses with a grade of B or higher. This program can be completed online or at our College Station campus. NOTE: this program has a limited number of seats available. Submitting an application is not a guarantee that you will be selected.
For further questions, contact Mary Pipkin at email@example.com or 979-436-9366.
First Class Day
Aug. 1, 2017
Aug. 28, 2017
*Deadline extended for the Health Coaching Certificate. Contact the Office of Student Affairs for more information.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5, or hold a 3.0 cumulative GPA in their graduate program.
- International applicants must contact the Office of Student Affairs regarding eligibility requirements, including English Language Proficiency.
Application and Requirements
Applicants can email the required application documents to the Office of Student Affairs in order to complete their application.
- Completed certificate program application
- Application fee ($25)*
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Official transcripts*
- 2-3 letters of recommendation*
Transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Student Affairs at the following address:
Office of Student Affairs
163 SPH Administration Bldg.
College Station, TX 77843-1266
*requirements are waived for currently enrolled Texas A&M University students.