BSPH McAllen, Texas
South Texas College Transfer Applicants to McAllen-BSPH
South Texas College (STC) students may submit a transfer application to the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) program located in McAllen, Texas, at the Texas A&M University Health Science Center McAllen campus. Applicants who meet the requirements of the articulation agreement between STC and the Texas A&M Health Science Center will begin full-time coursework toward the BSPH.
The following are required by all successful transfer applicants:
- Transcripts showing completed core curriculum
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 in all college level coursework
- Completion of the 60 hours of transferable coursework based on the BSPH required degree plan
- C or better in the following Common Body of Knowledge courses:
- BIOL 1406 Biology for Science Majors I (lecture + lab)
- BIOL 1407 Biology for Science Majors II (lecture + lab)
- CHEM 1411 General Chemistry I (lecture + lab)
- MATH 1425 Business Calculus
Questions related to admission processing for STC to Texas A&M Health Science Center admission may be directed to Josette Gonzales (956.668.6300). Transfer applications will be processed through Apply Texas according to deadlines established and publicized on the Office of Admissions website.
Additional information related to processing a transfer application can be found on the transfer application page.
Students transferring from South Texas College to the BSPH in McAllen under the articulation agreement with Texas A&M University can visit the following links for more information:
Transfer Applicants to McAllen-BSPH
All other students currently enrolled at other colleges or universities wishing to transfer into the BSPH program in McAllen should follow the transfer application processes found on the transfer applicant web page.
Global Health Career Pathway-McAllen
Students attending McAllen will have the opportunity to pursue a Global Health Career Pathway in BSPH by taking the following global health-specific coursework as part of their senior year coursework:
- PHLT 306 - Border Health
- PHLT 307 - Global Health
- PHLT 308 - Comparative Global Health Systems