Change of Major and Transfer
Change of Major (Texas A&M University – College Station Campus students)
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) program will accept changes of major according to Texas A&M University policy, but restrict changes of major according to the criteria listed below. In addition, the Dean or designate must verify availability of resources necessary to insure the student’s full-time enrollment in required courses prior to admission to the BSPH. If such resources are not available, admission will be denied.
Students at Texas A&M University wishing to change major after beginning in another university college or department must have the following requirements met to be considered for change of major:
- Core curriculum complete. Additional information on TAMU core can be found at core.tamu.edu
- Minimum TAMU GPA of 3.00
- 90 total attempted credit hours or fewer (credits attempted at any institution)
- Submit the Change of Major Application during required advising appointment with a Public Health Studies academic advisor
Students must make an appointment to change major into BSPH: Email email@example.com or call 979-436-9463 to set up an advising appointment.
Applicants using the Apply Texas application portal as transfer applicants to the BSPH degree program must have the following requirements met to be considered for transfer:
- Core curriculum complete with grades of "C" or better. Additional information on TAMU core can be found at core.tamu.edu
- Minimum GPA of 3.00. All transcript coursework will be considered in the GPA calculation.
- Have completed at least 42 college credit hours that includes core and Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) courses. (See below for CBK detail.)
- Transfer Course Sheet for course requirements
Active Articulation Agreements
The BSPH program has 2+2 Agreements, also known as articulation agreements, with the following community colleges. Students with a minimum 3.0 GPA at those institutions who take a prescribed menu of courses are guaranteed admission to the Bachelor of Science in Public Health program at Texas A&M. The links below show the specific coursework that needs to be completed at those institutions for students to qualify.
- McLennan Community College - 2+2 Agreement
- Paris Junior College - 2+2 Agreement
- South Texas College - 2+2 Agreement
- Kilgore College - 2+2 Agreement
- Austin Community College - 2+2 Agreement
- Odessa College - 2+2 Agreement
Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) courses:
- BIOL 1406 - Biology for Science Majors I (lecture and lab)
- BIOL 1407 - Biology for Science Majors II (lecture and lab)
- CHEM 1411 - General Chemistry I (lecture and lab)
- MATH 1325 - Business Math II
Special Notes: Galveston or Qatar students wishing to change to the BSPH major should follow the change of major process noted above. Galveston or Qatar students wishing to register for coursework should contact BSPH advisors to proceed.