Southwest Rural Health Research Center
The Southwest Rural Health Research Center (SRHRC) is a nationally recognized center established more than a decade ago to address the needs of rural and underserved populations across Texas and the nation. The SRHRC comprises a unique combination of faculty expertise in health policy, health economics, aging, long-term care, health law, epidemiology and biostatistics, and chronic disease. Of current importance are our Rural Healthy People 2020 volumes.
Additional Center Resources
- National Community Health Worker Training Center
- Colon cancer screening grant awarded to Dr. Jane Bolin & Dr. David McCelellan
- Texas C-STEP will bring colorectal cancer screenings to rural areas
- New grant provides breast and cervical cancer screenings for uninsured
- Rural Healthy People 2020 Update and National Survey